Well last week was definitely weird! It's been exactly one week since there was a shooter on Texas campus. I couldn't be more thankful that the shooter on campus didn't hurt anyone besides himself, but it is still a very unnerving situation.
I must admit, I'm very impressed with the actions that UT and the City of Austin took to ensure the safety of the students, faculty and staff once it was confirmed that there was in fact a man shooting. However, it does seem so weird that they never discovered a second shooter. Furthermore, what seemed even stranger was how fast everything went back to normal on Wednesday! I walked all the way across campus to the stadium on Wednesday morning, and I never saw any type of higher-security or anything of the sort? I just figured that with the possibility of a second shooter, there would have been more of a presence to deter anyone else remotely considering "carrying out" what started on Tuesday...Oh well, glad we're safe. Still can't believe my teacher let us leave our classroom after we found out there was a shooter on campus. Given I'm thankful he let us go since I don't have any service in that classroom, it seemed a bit unsafe to unleash about 200 kids.
Still shocked it's already October. Loving this weather though! Please cool off faster! I love fall and really wish Austin had more than 10 days of good/tolerable weather!!
No comments:
Post a Comment